What's new

Problems with IPTV behind an AiMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dCrypt

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

I have a setup with Movistar fiber connection. My router (Mitrastar) is setup in "semi-bridge" for managing "triple VLAN" scheme for Movistar. Behind it, the Asus AC88U main router is managing the wifi connections and LAN network. Upstream, I have another router as an AiMesh node for extending the LAN to the second floor. Behind it, I have the IPTV decoder.

Everything works perfectly but the IPTV decoder, if it is connected to the AiMesh node.

- If I connect the decoder downstairs, direct connection to the Mitrastar fiber router/gateway, it works.
- If I connect the decoder downstairs, direct connection to the Asus main router, it works.
- If I connect the decoder upstairs, using the cable normally used by the WAN connector in the AiMesh node, it works
- But if I connect the decoder upstairs, plugging it to the AiMesh node, it doesn't work
- I have tried resetting the AiMesh node and setting it up again, but it fails
- I have tried setting up the AiMesh node as an Access Point and it works!! (but this is not what I want)

I am pretty sure it was working before, months ago. Something may have changed after an update.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot

Asus is always fixing something around Guest Network. Perhaps the later updates "fixed" something for you.

I know, but they switched to VLAN based GN and your IPTV VLAN may be affected.
Someone more familiar with the details may provide more information on the subject.

I don't know. I don't have test AiMesh setup at the moment and I don't use IPTV service. It was a guess why it may have stopped working for you.

I was curious about anyone having a similar problem, when I found that almos a year ago, myself I was asking for the same:

Didn't notice that it was not solved so far, maybe we didn't use all the STBs

Seems to be something related to multicast / IGMP snooping. I could find other issues with multicast devices (such as Shelly home automation devices). @RMerlin , do you have evidence of limitations on this regard, or could be a bug?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!