What's new

Problems with Port Forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

brunc

New Around Here
Hi All,

I had an RT-AX86U running for a few years with multiple ports forwarded and working.

Recently I have added 2 RT-AX86S's to the mix to take advantage of the AIMesh feature as normal mesh routers coverage was abysmal.

The firmware: All three: 3.0.0.4.388_22068-gf3adbcd

I've worked with the ASUS tech support folks and they just keep wanting log after log after log, and no mater how many times and configurations I give them, they just ask for more of the same thing.

Here is my issue.
I have some Port Forwarding working : Son's MC server, and can get VNC working, etc....

I have an issue with forwarding ports for an application, and do not see the netstat activity on the PC they should be redirected to.

I am using ATT fiber, with my modem in Passthrough mode so my public IP is assigned to my asus.
I am trying to forward ports for TCP traffic for the webpage/service for my security camera system, using port 8120 or any other port for this service.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear if you have any solutions... as a work around I set up a VPN connection to my router and I am able to access from my phone when I am away.

Hi All,

I had an RT-AX86U running for a few years with multiple ports forwarded and working.

Recently I have added 2 RT-AX86S's to the mix to take advantage of the AIMesh feature as normal mesh routers coverage was abysmal.

The firmware: All three: 3.0.0.4.388_22068-gf3adbcd

I've worked with the ASUS tech support folks and they just keep wanting log after log after log, and no mater how many times and configurations I give them, they just ask for more of the same thing.

Here is my issue.
I have some Port Forwarding working : Son's MC server, and can get VNC working, etc....

I have an issue with forwarding ports for an application, and do not see the netstat activity on the PC they should be redirected to.

I am using ATT fiber, with my modem in Passthrough mode so my public IP is assigned to my asus.
I am trying to forward ports for TCP traffic for the webpage/service for my security camera system, using port 8120 or any other port for this service.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd love to hear if you have any solutions... as a work around I set up a VPN connection to my router and I am able to access from my phone when I am away.

Is the application on a computer that always connects directly to the router?
Does the computer in question connect via wifi or wired?
Does the computer in question have a fixed IP address?
Do you expect to be able to access more than one device on the same external port?

Note there is no simple way to forward ports for devices that are connected to AiMesh nodes.
If they are always connected to the main router and have a fixed IP address the usual port forwarding setup should work ok.

It is possible to add port forwards from a script for AiMesh nodes if you are using the Merlin firmware.

Ian