What's new

Prometheus SNMP_exporter or node_exporter ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

snbdora

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I looking for suggestions as I'm trying to implement router & AP monitoring using Prometheus, either snmp or node exporter and Grafana.

Have anyone implement is using either of those exporters and can share their experience , pros and cons? As I understand, the SNMP option would be a less secure unless authentication is implemented.

Although the platform binaries are available for the exporters on the github, I'm thinking of cross compiling them including only needed collectors to have a small size stripped binary.

I've a RT-AC87U and a RP-AC68U

Please advise..

Thanks

Hello,

I looking for suggestions as I'm trying to implement router & AP monitoring using Prometheus, either snmp or node exporter and Grafana.

Have anyone implement is using either of those exporters and can share their experience , pros and cons? As I understand, the SNMP option would be a less secure unless authentication is implemented.

Although the platform binaries are available for the exporters on the github, I'm thinking of cross compiling them including only needed collectors to have a small size stripped binary.

I've a RT-AC87U and a RP-AC68U

Please advise..

Thanks

Hi there,

I just got node_exporter running on an AC68U running Merlin 386.9 with just about everything located on an external 32GB USB3 drive. It wasn't exactly like the procedure, but it was close enough (I ended up fiddling with the paths because the system assumed /mnt/USB32 was valid, but it actually uses /tmp/mnt/USB32...)

I'm currently trying to get a node exporter dashboard running on Grafana and remove all the stuff that doesn't return anything meaningful.

The issue is - I will NEVER send my life to Trend Micro just to get some metrics - so I'm trying to create my own. I'm very interested in getting total WAN bandwidth per month working but it's not easy. Anyone get this working?

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!