What's new

Promise NAS NS4600 bugs

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am having file/directory permission issues with pure Windows (XP-SP3) environment using SR1.1. Since yesterday, I could not navigate into some directories ("Access is denied" error message) and modify/delete some files. I just bought the NS4600 and installed 4 WD RE4 2TB HDD's. This is the first occurrence of the permission issue. Any suggestion to fix that? Thanks in advance!

- I had the same problem and I assume you checked the permission setting for those folders.
Try these steps( what i did to solved my problem)
1- Do not use power saving setting, So bad that it doesn't have spin-down mode, login as admin and un-check that box.
2. Reboot or shutdown the NAS
3. Login as admin and check whether all your drives are detected.
4. Go to each drive and check if it has the FS error, do check file system for those drives.
Let me know if it works for you.
TT.

Check FS for an individual drive?!

TT,

Do I understand correctly, you actually checked FS only for those drives with errors? I only have the option to check it for the whole volume (using raid 10).

TT,

Do I understand correctly, you actually checked FS only for those drives with errors? I only have the option to check it for the whole volume (using raid 10).

Yes, i only check for the drives with error. I used to have raid 1 but I gave up and go to raid 0 and sync second folders for my most important data.
the problem with promise nas is that the nas occasionally thought there was some problem with the drive and that affects the raid status.

File system error

I've recently got an NS4600 and my raid 0 file system shows an error, and denies any access
when I try to check system (via PASM) the progress bar doesn't move.

what can i do??

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum but I think I got the base for home networking forum now :)

I have this NS4600 and I'm trying to connect it to my PC through Linksys E4200. My PC OS is windows 7 64bit. I see the NS4600 on the network map, but strangely I can't access the NS4600.

SmartNavi always said "The network setting of your NAS machine is not correct. Please use Setup Wizard to fix it. Restart your NAS machine if this happened repeatedly"

So I run the setup wizard nor advanced setup, but it always came with the same problem.

I can see the NS4600 on Explorer Network section and if I clicked it, it will open the windows media player.

How can I get to access this NS4600 to manage the backup feature and everything else?? I found that NS4600 compatible to win7.