What's new

Pros/cons moving to AiMesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What would cause the AIMesh WLANs to be "cycled"? They are now both on UPSes.

Power cycle; change to router/AiMesh Wireless settings, etc. Being on a UPS does not eliminate all instances of a WLAN restarting, nor guarantee that the garage WLANs will recover first before the house WLANs.

My suspicion is that at 50ft, the 2.4 clients are happy connecting to the first 2.4 WLAN they see.

OE

Last edited:
UPDATE - so AT&T decided to cut our fiber a SECOND time. I don't know how to fix stupid.
But with that said - not the "power outage" situation, but rather the "AT&T is dumbshit and I need to be back up" - I popped up my dormant RT-AC5300 (my GT is the normal main router now), used SmartConnect (single SSID) and we limped along (terrible upload speeds) with T-Mobile Home Internet.
Honestly - worked great in an emergency.
Then when AT&T was back, I went back to AiMesh (with one old-style extender node for cameras) and was back to normal instantly.
I love Asus when it works.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!