What's new

Proxy server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

henry999

New Around Here
Greetings. I'm not even sure if this is the right forum; I don't know where / how to get started.

How complicated is it to set up a computer with broadband access to the internet to act as a private proxy server for one guest machine, also with broadband but located far, far away? Can this be done within Windows, or does it require additional software? Can VPN do this somehow? I'll be grateful for any pointers because, as I said, I really don't know where to begin.

cheers,

Henry

Analogx.com has a free (and very tiny) program called Proxy. You run that application on the machine that has internet access, then point the other machines to the "proxy" IP address and they will be able to surf the web, check email, etc.

Im using it this week as a hurricane refugee. We have one wireless data card being shared throughout the house on several laptops.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!