What's new

[Q] RT-AC66U MAC questions...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

grimloktt

New Around Here
Can anyone help me confirm and then change my RT-AC66U MAC address, as required in the thread below--w/ the thread's extracted instructions below the link?
- I'm currently of the understanding that the WAN MAC address is actually called the LAN MAC address and is listed in both the 2.4 and 5 ghz tabs ABOVE the 2.4 and 5 ghz MAC addresses...and therefore the same MAC address for both channels. Is this correct or must I use one of the 2.4 or 5 ghz channel's MAC?
- I'm also of the understanding that to change to the MAC address I do so under "Special Requirement from ISP?"

Thnx!!!

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r27666920-How-to-Make-Actiontec-MI424WR-Revision-I-Rev.I-a-Network

"we need to obtain the WAN MAC address of each Router device."

and...

"19. ...
b. Set the Address here to the WAN MAC of your selected router that will be connected to the Actiontec to avoid conflicts"

The MAC Address is printed on the bottom of your router.
The router has a MAC Clone feature under Advanced Settings>WAN>Internet Connection, here you can set any MAC address your ISP want to see to establish your connection (if required, than usually the MAC address of your previous router).
I am lost with your link and what you are looking for.

The MAC Address is printed on the bottom of your router.
The router has a MAC Clone feature under Advanced Settings>WAN>Internet Connection, here you can set any MAC address your ISP want to see to establish your connection (if required, than usually the MAC address of your previous router).
I am lost with your link and what you are looking for.

Thank you for your reply. I'll look at the bottom for the MAC address.

The link is instructions on how to bridge the Verizon Actiontec IOT just use my Asus router. Wish me luck...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!