What's new

QNAP Pre Sale Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pszilard

New Around Here
Not sure if I am posting in the correct forum, but bear with me pls.

I already have plenty of storage from other brand NAS, however I would like to create a simple LAMP server for hosting test versions of MySQL/PHP CMS's:

• * Website Baker
    * Wordpress
    * Simple Machine Forum

I know this could be done with a Linux PC, or even a WAMP server, but I don't know Linux and and would like a simple to administer solution. I also have a spare 32GB Sata SSD to use for this purpose.

Could someone advise on which QNAP product to use for a MySQL/PHP server, that would provide easy administering and reasonable performance over a 700bps static IP uplink?

Can you also give me some URL links on how to set this up?

Many thanks in advance,

PS: I am looking at the 109PRO II as an entry point.
Could this host multiple CMS products?
Could this host multiple shared IP web sites?
As the 109PRO-II has high speed Gig LAN, can it be used with no disk installed? I already have a NetGear ReadyNAS PRO with 6TB storage, so I am only looking for the web server capability. Therefore could the 109Pro get its data from the ReadyNAS? Alternately, I would like to install a 32GB SSD for any programs and web site and also link the files stored on another NAS. Is this a reasonable solution?

Last edited:
Have a look at Qnap's forum. They do have a few OPG packages (quick install) but my thinking is that you'll need console access to do what you want properly.