What's new

QNAP TS-419 PII vs Synology DS413 / DS413j vs. Thecus N4200Eco

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Models to choose from

• QNAP TS-419 PII

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Synology DS413j

• Synology DS413

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Thecus N4200Eco

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jeje2

New Around Here
Newbie to NAS from Finland - so bare with me. :rolleyes:

Looking for a 4-bay NAS for home-use (to begin with 2 WD 3T red harddrives - expanding later on then...)

Have now looked for a solution that would work for me I have narrowed it down to 4 models.

Comparision chart
(They don't know of the N4200ECO, but as it's 4200PRO minus small UPS battery and Dual DOM --it's pretty safe to say they are same)

QNAP TS-419 PII (ca. 470EUR - 610USD)

Synology DS413 (ca. 520 eur - 670USD)

Synology DS413j (ca. 370EUR - 480USD)

Thecus DS4200ECO (ca. 460EUR - 600USD)
(ECO is enough - buying separate UPS to power router as well)

Found some reviews at legionhardware:
* comparing Synology DS4113 to 413j.
* QNAP 419 PII

---
As system shall be for basic inside-home-network with RAID 1 (RAID 5 in future) - files, photos, videos over a gigabit network + WLAN wih desktop PC's, laptops, tablets, PS3 and mobile phones. (Surveilance station might be a future upgrade.l)

So what do you think of these? Is DS413j enough as price sure is on it's side... or do I need to look at the better models?

How do you comapre the UI's of these, as do have MS experience (server & client) but not so much other operating systems. All support basic group ideas - as all files shall not be available for children and their abilities to delete must also be limited ;)

Waiting for your advice...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!