What's new

QOS Not working - Merlin 380.67

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think its misleading. I see the router get correct names but then puts those into the wrong catagory.

He might think his streaming is identified from his App Analysis since it has the correct name, but really, its just going to another container.

That's why I want to see a screenshot of the container statistics in action.
i ubderstsnd i only sugested it since he never mentioned any thing about checking it, in the first place. The title app analysis is misleading in the first place it should be nore detailed but oh well.

Last edited:
Hows this?

EDIT: I can confirm that Gaming and Streaming traffic from both devices is being correctly identified.

upload_2017-8-7_19-43-1.png

Last edited:
The other one I was referring to, where you see the devices

FreshJR asked for "Send a screenshot of QOS statistic pages when XBOX is downloading an update and you have a VIDEO streaming"

The first tab only shows the device names and the speed they are downloading at.....

Sry I'm half asleep yes that's the stat's page he wants

All traffic was properly accounted for.

Can you send me output of this command run from ssh.

Tc class show dev br0

This should hopefully tell us why gaming was alloted 1.1 mbit and gaming 2.4mbit

Last edited:
With that setup the video stream should of been able to use all the bandwidth since the game download would have at most guarenteed 128kbits.

You sure you weren't watching a 1.2mbps stream? QOS should of been allocated more bandwidth for the stream if it needed it.

You can should restest again. This time try fast.com speedtest (identified as netflix video) in conjustion with your xbox download.

What should happen is that the xbox download should drop to 16kB/s while fast.com speedtest is running.

OK, so fast.com works as expected, which is good. Speeds on the XBOX download drop and speed.com rise.......

BUT my IPTV app using port 25461 continues to have issues. Its classified OK, but refuses to get bandwidth.

I know the IPTV has throughput, because with XBOX off, it rises to full bandwidth.

Is there something special about http streams of .ts extensions?

transprt stream format, also which gen xbox is it may i ask?
quriosity what vdsl2 speeds are you getting if you dont mind me asking?

Your speed seems slow for vdsl 2 sure it's not adsl, cause there is a different preset for it

In your first post you said you used the vdsl pppoe preset, cause you have a modem bridged you should use the bridged llc snap presetthat for adsl might help you.

Yes it will factor in calculation for atm overhead

Ok, changed to that, and bumped minimum percentage for streaming to 75%......working much better now.

Will update after more testing