What's new

Qualcomm, Broadcom vs MediaTek on mobile devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Budgeter

Regular Contributor
Hi folks,

In term of on-paper specs, which brand provide the most features/spec on their respective flagship mobile-wireless chip? This includes 5G, wifi, Bluetooth specs. I don't care if they are practical or not, and I also don't plan to buy new devices anytime soon. I'm simply curious of their progress in 2020.

Candidates:
MediaTek: whatever chip is in their Dimensity 1000. My guess is MT7915, but I can't find any confirmation on this.
Broadcom: BCM 4389.
Qualcomm: QCA 6390/Fast Connect 6800 (This one usually comes with SD 865 phones, right?)

Whatever answers you may receive, keep in mind that it still depends on the specific phone model if all the features are enabled, supported and fully fleshed out. I'd be surprised if MediaTek is in the running. ;)

Qualcomm and Broadcom are generally better performers than Mediatek.

Whatever answers you may receive, keep in mind that it still depends on the specific phone model if all the features are enabled, supported and fully fleshed out. I'd be surprised if MediaTek is in the running. ;)
I know, that's why I only care about the on-paper specs. In case of choosing products, I will for sure prioritize QC, but still, I wonder how it will compare to another brand "on-paper".

In that case, what specific models are you comparing then? 'On-paper' specs of the chipset will be different than 'on-paper' specs of specific complete devices.

In that case, what specific models are you comparing then? 'On-paper' specs of the chipset will be different than 'on-paper' specs of specific complete devices.
They are stated as the "candidates" of my post. I'm actually trying to compare between the chipset themselves.