What's new

Question about DHCP Client under Wireless AP

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chchia

Occasional Visitor
I have a AX3000 running as main router.

I have a wireless AP, which do not have DHCP services and it only relay the wifi.

all client connected to this wireless AP is getting DHCP from AX3000. however in AX3000 all client is only shown as the "wireless ap", no individual client is showing in the list, and i cannot do parental control for each individual client.

is there any solution for this? i was hoping that since the client is getting DHCP from AX3000 then it should have record of the client even though it is running under that wireless ap.

thanks.

This is how it works currently, and unfortunately.

wow that really was unfortunate. guess i need to plug back the Power Line Adaptor to link the wireless ap to AX3000 in order to have it work again. however that PLA is much slower than the WIFI in AX mode now...

Why? Performance, over, reporting.

because i need to setup individual parental control for those client connected under the wireless ap. since it all show as one wireless ap in the client list...

or did i make mistake? that i can still setup the parental control based on MAC? even though the client under wireless AP is not showing in client list?

What make/model is the "wireless AP"?

It sounds like it isn't actually a wireless access point but a repeater/extender instead. Is that the case?