What's new

Question about the real-time Traffic Monitor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bo17

New Around Here
Hi, I'm currently using the RT-AC68R on Merlin 378.55. First firmware upgrade in a few months since I just upgraded to FiOS 50/50 but I was on an earlier Merlin build before. I like using the real-time traffic monitor to watch traffic on my network, but on 378.55, it seems like there's huge WAN spikes every few minutes which pushes the scale up to 200,000,000KB/s or something and makes the visual graph useless. I already reset the router settings but it's still having the same issues. Not sure if it's my internet or router but the usage spikes really annoy me. Anyone have the same issue or know a fix?

Hi, I'm currently using the RT-AC68R on Merlin 378.55. First firmware upgrade in a few months since I just upgraded to FiOS 50/50 but I was on an earlier Merlin build before. I like using the real-time traffic monitor to watch traffic on my network, but on 378.55, it seems like there's huge WAN spikes every few minutes which pushes the scale up to 200,000,000KB/s or something and makes the visual graph useless. I already reset the router settings but it's still having the same issues. Not sure if it's my internet or router but the usage spikes really annoy me. Anyone have the same issue or know a fix?

Known issue, also happened with the stock firmware. Asus were notified, I don't know however if they resolved the issue yet in newer betas.

Wow, thanks for the quick answer. I'll keep a look out for new builds and changelogs then. Thanks for your work!