What's new

Question re. Wireless MAC Filter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLyppardMan

Very Senior Member
Does the Wireless MAC Filter affect the guests networks as well and if so, is there any way to exclude the guest networks?

Does the Wireless MAC Filter affect the guests networks as well and if so, is there any way to exclude the guest networks?
why don't you look around the menus yourself and form an opinion?

If you select "enable" for one of the guest networks, the final option on the set-up page allows you to enable MAC filtering.

If you select "enable" for one of the guest networks, the final option on the set-up page allows you to enable MAC filtering.
That's great. Thank you very much.

Why don't you just answer my question if you know the answer?
why should I ? You haven't even tried to find the answer yourself. You want to be spoon fed.

why should I ? You haven't even tried to find the answer yourself. You want to be spoon fed.
I thought the idea of a forum like this was to help others, but clearly that doesn't necessarily apply to you.

I thought the idea of a forum like this was to help others, but clearly that doesn't necessarily apply to you.
The idea is that the hobby should provide something in the learning process so that you can troubleshoot yourself next time.
But you must also remember what you have learned.

The idea is that the hobby should provide something in the learning process so that you can troubleshoot yourself next time.
I have some difficulty remembering things these days, probably due to my age.

I find a good rule of thumb is to spend at least one day trying to figure things out for yourself, including searching the existing posts. Posting on the forums should really be a last resort.

I do have to say though that I'm very curious about the new WEBUI that Asus was touting a short while back - though I've been trying to find the announcement again for more than a day or two! The current WEBUI is so 2005!

This?

It's mostly about Asus App. The router GUI is a mix of old and new pages. I don't like it personally. No consistency.

I have some difficulty remembering things these days, probably due to my age.
Don't pull the "I'm old card" and make yourself a victim.
You have to do as everyone else does to remember to take notes so you can then return.

@octopus Please be nice, there is no need for this.