What's new

Question: TEW-633GR WLAN Speeds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Shuino

New Around Here
I just recently picked up a TEW-633GR v1.0 and so far it seems to be working well, besides the interference from my wireless headset :(

I am just wonder what kind of file transfer speeds I should be getting with this router.

I'm using a Gigabyte GN-WS30N wireless card in my laptop and the speeds I'm getting between a wired PC and the wireless laptop are about 10MBs.

I should be seeing a lot higher speeds correct?

I have followed everything here:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/content/view/30664/228/

Any tips or advice would be great!

Am I reading that correct, ten megabytes per second? If so, that equates to 80mbps which is definately wireless N, 20-25mbps is cap for best case scenerio of wireless G. Are you using 20MHz or 40MHz channel width? If using 40MHz channel width then 10MB/s or 80mbps is most likely best speed you will get out of it.

Last edited:
I'm using the auto 20/40 and yeah 10MB's is what I'm getting in the windows file transfer window.

I was thinking I would've been more towards 100Mbps than the 80 but that's why I asked.

Last edited:
What does windows wireless link speed report? eg. 150mbps(20MHz dual stream), 300mbps(40MHz dual stream) The 80mbps fits the avg downlink 40MHz calculated in the wireless charts(top performer to boot).

Last edited:
It will go between 270 and 300 Mbps.

Only a top performer if I have my Plantronic's .995 Wireless Headset turned off as it completely wrecks my wlan XD

Which took me like an hour to figure out as I messed with almost every option in my router... :-(
It's like when you lose your hat or glasses and you find them on your head... I was sitting there complaining about my wireless speed while in Ventrilo talking on my headset.

Last edited:
yeah 2.4GHz band is pretty crowded...40MHz channel width does use up 2/3 the freq. band, try speeds with 20MHz and test for interference.

Last edited:
Just tried changing it to 20Mhz but it's almost not worth it. The speed is still only a bit faster and I get less signal strength.

I heard the Logitech clear chat wireless headset works without wireless interference so I gonna give that a try. My friend has one so I'm going to have him bring it over so I can test it out first though.