What's new

[Question] Will AXE11000 be supported by Merlin firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pulling-hair-out.jpg

Do you plan to support the GT-AXE11000 in future firmware?
That is a good questions... RMerlin is a great guy, and does this all on his free time. I imagine the answer is probably no because the amount of dedicated work he would have to dedicate to this one specific model.

That is a good questions... RMerlin is a great guy, and does this all on his free time. I imagine the answer is probably no because the amount of dedicated work he would have to dedicate to this one specific model.
I agree. I'm using ax88u with this firmware and it's great. That's way I have asked for axe model. It's my first router from gaming line, and honestly I cannot look at the red webpanel they made. It's horrible. And so many functions that are not important. Merlin is so much better and it's kinda faster than the original firmware.

I cannot look at the red webpanel they made. It's horrible. And so many functions that are not important. Merlin is so much better and it's kinda faster than the original firmware.

Then you clearly bought the wrong router . You knew what the GUI looked like prior to purchase, too late to complain now.

The list of Merlin supported routers is very clear and as Merlin has said so many times " Don't ask me ..."

Last edited:
Thank you for your comment. I bought it to test 6E and that was the main reason to do that.
I bought one too but i didn't have any 6E devices. I ended up returning it and bought the AX11000. I believe is the best Asus router I've owned due to the 2nd 5GHz band that i used specifically for gaming. The BIG bonus is that RMerlin supports it. The AX86U comes close too but the 3 bands makes the difference for my environment.

About to buy a GT-AXE11000 now that I have two 6E devices.

Will still use it behind my current (RT-AC86U) router though till Merlin makes a firmware for it. Then making it mesh after for the non 6 devices.
Sucks it does not use the same firmware as the GT-AX11000 (non E).

Now to ponder if I am going to upgrade the switch in my rack to 10GbE.
Server is 10, Desktop has onboard 2.5 and 10 via thunderbolt 4.
GT-AXE11000 has a 2.5 port.

Last edited:
About to buy a GT-AXE11000 now that I have two 6E devices.

Will still use it behind my current router though till Merlin makes a firmware for it.
Sucks it does not use the same one as the GT-AX11000 (non E).
I have similar approach with that router.