What's new

Question...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Asset

New Around Here
Hi all, I'm fairly new here. I have a question with the synology 410j unit. I was wondering is the download speed from the wan into my nas speed right. I'm downloading a file that is about 4-6 gig. big and its about 2 days? :( That calculates to not even 1meg its about 700 kbps. My question is, is this the right download speed form outside the lan into my nas at home? Thank-you :)

My calculation for a 4 GB file and two days is 48 KBytes/sec.

Whether this is ok, depends on many factors including the speed of the server that you are downloading from. Also, how are you downloading to the NAS?

What is the download rate if you download to your computer instead of the NAS?

If your asking about the uploaded file to my NAS, its fast and I'm happy with its performance. But when my friend is downloading a file from my NAS using filezilla client, he says it takes forever. I was just wondering is this right? I have the Synology 410j unit. What is the normal download speed for this synology 410j unit? Thank-you for your reply, I do appreciate it very much. Sorry if I am too noob to understand this :)

If your friend is trying to download the file from your NAS over the Internet (not via LAN), the speed is probably being limited by your Internet uplink speed.

@thinggins...Thank-you, I did a speed test at his home and checked his plan with his isp and your right, it is his isp plan :( Thank-you again :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!