What's new

R7000 5GHz stops working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xck3001

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm trying to setup a 5GHz wifi as a bridge between 1st and 2nd floor.
I have a number of devices that are able to join 5GHz networks (Netgear R7000, Netgear R6250, Linksys WUMC710, Nexus 7, Laptop); however the goal is to have only a bridge connecting to 5GHz and everything else will in the end not use it.

The R7000 is currently the main router. For the bridge I've tested so far:
  • WUMC710: Connects fine, but at some point dropped the connection and reverted to its default IP; that is a known issue with this product. When the connection was stable, good throughput.
  • R6250: Connects fine, however after a couple of days it lost the connection. Restart didn't help.

Normally, I'd think that the bridge is always the problem, especially because the issue with the WUMC710 occurred in the past too when I used it with a Linksys EA6300 router (which I still have, if that would help).

However, when the connection drops between R6250 and R7000, it seems like the 5GHz network stops working at all. I can still see it with all my other devices (Nexus 7, Laptop), but when I try to connect with them, it fails due to "failed authentication". When I try again later after restarting everything, it connects just fine. I'm using WPA2-PSK for authentication.

Since I seem to get this issue with different combinations of devices, I'm a little lost at this point. Does anyone have an idea what the cause might be?

Is there a tool which could output more useful logs to identify the issue?

Thanks!

Did you ever sort this out?I see it was a while back but my 5G was working fine for the first two weeks and now exactly the same thing that was happening to you is happening to me. No 5g connection, I can see it but it comes bac with an error ...any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Suggest to raise a ticket with Netgear support to obtain V-1.0.3.52 or 59 Beta f/w and try it.