What's new

R7800 Firmware Version 1.0.2.90

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello all, i'm writing here because i did multiple test that exclude any problem with Voxel firmware and Kamoj addon. i have been flashing over DDWRT and restoring first NG firmware to be able to start from scratch. there is a bug on ReadyCloud when using my 3TB HDD. after 24-48 hours all ETH are stop working. before activate readycloud i have been waiting 5 day and reached the stability but as soon readycloud is activate suddely all ETH port are out of DHCP port is not completely off, there are lights but unable to establish any IPs. that's exclude an hardware issue for my point of view. should i reach someone from NG? any suggestions?

Hello all, i'm writing here because i did multiple test that exclude any problem with Voxel firmware and Kamoj addon. i have been flashing over DDWRT and restoring first NG firmware to be able to start from scratch. there is a bug on ReadyCloud when using my 3TB HDD. after 24-48 hours all ETH are stop working. before activate readycloud i have been waiting 5 day and reached the stability but as soon readycloud is activate suddely all ETH port are out of DHCP port is not completely off, there are lights but unable to establish any IPs. that's exclude an hardware issue for my point of view. should i reach someone from NG? any suggestions?
To be honest, if you want that problem solved quickly, just use another device to connect your disks and host your personal cloud.

Contacting NG and have them look into this will take forever (if they even bother with it…)
Plus, ReadyCloud is a bell-and-whistle feature NG uses to sell its router, but it is not good at it (but excellent in its main function: router). It is proprietary and not very popular.

Go with a self hosted solution like nextcloud on a cheap SBC, or get a NAS with a cloud solution.

I don't recommend using any NAS manufacturer's 'cloud solution'. Remember what you're doing: you are effectively enabling a computer full of your data to be directly connected to. From anywhere in the world.

I don't trust any NAS manufacturer that much. Even for my to-do lists saved as txt files.

I don't recommend using any NAS manufacturer's 'cloud solution'. Remember what you're doing: you are effectively enabling a computer full of your data to be directly connected to. From anywhere in the world.

I don't trust any NAS manufacturer that much. Even for my to-do lists saved as txt files.
If @manup85 goal is to access data self hosted into a cloud (I believe it is what ReadyCloud is), then NAS offer such a thing (mirrored or not in their own server), either natively or with third parties (nextcloud or other).

Of course, what he wants to put is such a cloud won't be as secure as anything not shared… He could have a self-hosted LAN only system he could access using a VPN server somewhere in his LAN (on the router or a separate device), that would be as secure as the VPN key is.

All depends on the real needs and limitations.

Dear users,
How is stock 1.0.2.90 working for you? Can you share your experience?
I have been Voxel user for years but just download the latest stock build and so far it looks very stable and fast. I am using just a general router and wifi functions on 5x r7800 routers in different locations.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!