What's new

Voxel R7800 looses internet after reboot, requires power cycle of cable modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ex313

Regular Contributor
We have Spectrum internet running an Arris TM1602AP2 cable modem. Anytime I reboot the router (Running Voxel Firmware) I have to unplug and power cycle the cable modem to get back on online. I have tried an IP release/refresh through the control panel but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't recall having the issue with other packages I have run on the R7800 - was curious if anyone has had the issue and figured out a resolution.

We have Spectrum internet running an Arris TM1602AP2 cable modem. Anytime I reboot the router (Running Voxel Firmware) I have to unplug and power cycle the cable modem to get back on online. I have tried an IP release/refresh through the control panel but it doesn't fix the problem. I don't recall having the issue with other packages I have run on the R7800 - was curious if anyone has had the issue and figured out a resolution.
Do you use any R7800 add-ons other than Voxel? Or is it just the default firmware config? I had issues recently and never resolved them so just curious.

Do you use any R7800 add-ons other than Voxel? Or is it just the default firmware config? I had issues recently and never resolved them so just curious.
Just default firmware load - nothing no standard about the setup.

Reactions: Gar
I think you might benefit from this thread because it seems like you are having the same problem I and others have experienced.

TL,DR: the Arris modem/voxel firmware is the issue. if you try Voxel version .62SF you will not have the problem.

The problem has gone away for me because I have changed from my cable ISP to a 1G fiber ISP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!