What's new

R7800 lost 5GHz SSID :(

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Back to channel 44 then, as it always was before.
It had jumped from channel 56 to channel 128 during the night...

Yes, I do it on a regular basis with the various Xfinity gateways. Occasionally there may be the odd iOT device that requires a power cycle to re-establish the connection.
It's weird. I thought that because of the new MacAddress of the router, the devices wouldn't connect anymore.
So if I were to change my router (that's working again so far) and get an Asus ASUS ROG GT-AX6000, and if I would use the same SSID and the same password, all my devices would connect automatically to the router ? I wouldn't have to configure them again ?

It's weird. I thought that because of the new MacAddress of the router, the devices wouldn't connect anymore.
So if I were to change my router (that's working again so far) and get an Asus ASUS ROG GT-AX6000, and if I would use the same SSID and the same password, all my devices would connect automatically to the router ? I wouldn't have to configure them again ?
MAC address of the AP has no effect on clients being able to reconnect.

I've changed my WiFi APs several times over the years and kept the same SSID / password. I've never had to configure clients again, they always connect automatically.

Back to channel 44 then, as it always was before.
It had jumped from channel 56 to channel 128 during the night...
Try Channel 36 or 149, both non-DFS channels.

I am going to take issue with your use of the word ALL. There may be an occasional iOT or other device that does not conform. You may have to power cycle this device or maybe even reset the connection. Your two R7800 routers definitely had two different MAC addresses.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!