What's new

[R7800] RAE, cloudfront ??? Netgear snitch?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

:cool: You made the same error... same in sbin.
I've added all these good "blocks" to my add-on, so those of you that don't excel in command lines can disable these things.
Watch out tomorrow...
I also followed your suggestion for adding the code to post-mount.sh
But today I noticed traffic-meter was still running. After some checking, I found out that you have a typo. the correct command to stop traffic-meter would be:
Code:
[ -x /sbin/traffic-meter ] && { /etc/init.d/traffic_meter stop; chmod -x /sbin/traffic-meter; ps|grep -F '/sbin/traffic-meter'|awk '{print $1}'|xargs kill 2>/dev/null; }
(the init script is with an underscore instead of a hyphen)

And there are other errors as well. But who cares? Let's have fun and improve together!
Errae humanum est, or what they said. I'm not a Messerschmidt!

So line for traffic_meter should be:
Code:
[ -x /sbin/traffic_meter ] && { chmod -x /sbin/traffic_meter; /etc/init.d/traffic_meter stop; }
The ps, grep, kill... is probably not necessary then.

I see what you mean, but this is not necessarily true as the command is made from the init.d script that is different from the sbin executable.

I know it works in this order for aws-iot.
I haven’t tried yet with traffic_meter, but next firmware upgrade will tell ;)

you should do the stop *before* you make the script non-execute

I see what you mean, but this is not necessarily true as the command is made from the init.d script that is different from the sbin executable.

I know it works in this order for aws-iot.
I haven’t tried yet with traffic_meter, but next firmware upgrade will tell ;)
Sounds great, my general point was I like stopping first then marking non-execute, that's all.
If it works already then moot point.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!