What's new

R9000 Voxel LED control

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BritinMA

Occasional Visitor
Hello again

I am using Voxel firmware on R9000.

I would like to know if it's possible to turn off all or most LED's from SSH session; and if it's possible, how so ?

Try this:
Code:
for i in $(/sbin/ledcontrol | grep "\-n" | tail -n1 | xargs | cut -d":" -f2- | sed 's/,//g'); do /sbin/ledcontrol -n $i -c green -s off; done; /sbin/ledcontrol -n power -c green -s off
Hello again

I am using Voxel firmware on R9000.

I would like to know if it's possible to turn off all or most LED's from SSH session; and if it's possible, how so ?

That works perfectly - thank you kamoj!!!!

Is there an easy way to put them back to standard - I swapped the 'off' for 'on' and some came on, but it wasn't "normal"

No that I know of.
The code and LED state is spread "all over".
But since most of them can be switched off with a button on the router, there must be a better way to off and on them!

In fact, you can turn them all off except power in the web interface; This would be acceptable to me; I do not mind the power staying on. Unfortunately at this time, I cannot find what code/script is used when that web switch is used. (Advanced Menu, Advanced Setup, LED Control Settings).

If anyone knows or finds out what this radial button does, that would be awesome.

You should be able to turn them all of except the power LED with the switch on the back of the router.
Then you could install Kamoj's add-on - then you can turn them all off in the new settings menu this adds.
You can turn off the power LED in these settings, or even change it to Amber when the internet/WAN goes down.

I have my R9000 in the middle of the house; Middle floor, and middle of the house front-to-back and left-to-right. It's ideal.

But it's also an area of the house that people walk through at night for the restroom, etc, and the flashing lights are really bright LOL. I like the lights during the day and would like them off at night, by cron / SSH / script or whatever.

So far, I can tell that by using the web interface to turn the LED's off, this changes in config:

LED's on & blinking: led_blinking_setting=0
LED's off: led_blinking_setting=2

But manipulating the config does nothing:

Code:
config set led_blinking_setting=2
config commit

LED's are still flashing.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!