What's new

Radios not staying at 40 MHz / 160 MHz on 2.4 GHz / 5 GHz bands

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I see that problem since the AC router when the firmware they put in it 160MHz and they remove it suddenly,
It means there's maybe serious problem.

Ok for the newer routers even don't work can't believe it and now they will release 320MHz, God know what will happen.

Why can't work because interference?!
Now the question why they invent that technology if it has that problem, and you can't use it?

After that drinking bird came to me and telling me

What does it matter if it is going to keep swapping to 80Mhz as required by law? Are you pulling more than 1GBPS regularly? Just find a good clear 80mhz channel and be done with it.

More is not always better.

😂

Last edited:
I see you have no clue how Wi-Fi works and no intention to learn. Wi-Fi is shared medium and the fact you have whatever router doesn't necessarily mean you can reach the advertised numbers. Marketing sold to you "tri-band 11Gbps" router. In reality it's dual-band tri-radio and up to about 1Gbps to client.

I see you have no clue how Wi-Fi works and no intention to learn. Wi-Fi is shared medium and the fact you have whatever router doesn't necessarily mean you can reach the advertised numbers. Marketing sold to you "tri-band 11Gbps" router. In reality it's dual-band tri-radio and up to about 1Gbps to client.
If i tell you there's no neiborhood near me?

If i tell you i have fiber more than 1gbps?

It doesn't matter. Your router may detect weather radar from miles away and won't allow 160MHz wide channel. Read about DFS channels used with 160MHz wide channel. Your speed to clients are mostly limited by the clients. The router has 4x4 radios, but the clients are 2x2 and most top at 1200Mbps link speed or about 800Mbps throughput. Your LAN ports are up to Gigabit (940Mbps to be exact) as well. I told you - the marketing got you good.

I see that problem since the AC router when the firmware they put in it 160MHz and they remove it suddenly,
It means there's maybe serious problem.

Ok for the newer routers even don't work can't believe it and now they will release 320MHz, God know what will happen.

Why can't work because interference?!
Now the question why they invent that technology if it has that problem, and you can't use it?

After that drinking bird came to me and telling me

What does it matter if it is going to keep swapping to 80Mhz as required by law? Are you pulling more than 1GBPS regularly? Just find a good clear 80mhz channel and be done with it.

More is not always better.

😂

If you don't want help and advice from people who obviously know a lot more than you, why even post?

Call Apple and tell them their product specifications are wrong. Thank you!
I already did and told them I was looking at the wrong product.:)
160MH.jpg

Yes. I phone 14 pro
As far as i know all iphones are locked at 80MHz, 1200Mbit/s.
2x2 MIMO.

If you want to use 160MHz, 2400Mbit/s use Samsung s21 Ultra or higher.

I have iPhone 13Pro MAX, S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra.

iPhone is always at 80MHz, while at the same time all ultras are at 160MHz.

If i tell you there's no neiborhood near me?
Your microwave oven emits EMR in the 2.4 GHz band. All your Bluetooth devices are also using the same 2.4 GHz band (and probably other wireless devices you might have).

That band is simply unsuited for large bandwidth allocation, too many things will interfere with it.

If you don't want help and advice from people who obviously know a lot more than you, why even post?
Well, if you seriously want to know on one condition.

If you Tell me first what does mean the username i am using it right now, I write it in general by the way, i know it's out of our topic, but after that i will answer seriously!

wlan_log.png

iPad stays at 80mHz, Laptop with Intel AX200 chip stays at 160MHz - the whole day without any drop...

Maybe there is a troll here somewhere???

Last edited:
Well, if you seriously want to know on one condition.

If you Tell me first what does mean the username i am using it right now, I write it in general by the way, i know it's out of our topic, but after that i will answer seriously!
It is your real name? And you are actually the president of Syria moonlighting as a technology SME?

As far as i know all iphones are locked at 80MHz, 1200Mbit/s.
2x2 MIMO.

If you want to use 160MHz, 2400Mbit/s use Samsung s21 Ultra or higher.

I have iPhone 13Pro MAX, S21 Ultra, S22 Ultra, S23 Ultra.

iPhone is always at 80MHz, while at the same time all ultras are at 160MHz.
I did try s21 ultra and tried also note10, but no avail i sense bug or something maybe that's why i posted.
Thanks anyway.

I already did and told them I was looking at the wrong product.:)
View attachment 48736
These kids only talking or writing behind the screen, if they talk face to face in real they will know who will be the real troll, even you send them your location they will not come to you because god know what will happen after, you know kid is kid don't change just attack, but in real situation they don't know how to act.

Your microwave oven emits EMR in the 2.4 GHz band. All your Bluetooth devices are also using the same 2.4 GHz band (and probably other wireless devices you might have).

That band is simply unsuited for large bandwidth allocation, too many things will interfere with it.
Thank you eric very much for your answer at least you trying to help and even for your firmware's, really you don't know how much you mean to me and for the work you are doing imagine that only one person in the whole world doing these firmware's no one else you only the one, what i know is this knowledge you doing in firmware's even rocket since easier if i am not exaggerate that's what i believe, specially this last firmware you release with respect. I will call you eric bruce lee on firmware's 😄. Imagine if you die god bless you,
What these S*** kids here will do after you here!

Lol. agreed I think. Big love to Eric for all the great work and good humour/banter here.

@ASSAD - sorry I was just kidding around with my earlier post.

I did try s21 ultra and tried also note10, but no avail i sense bug or something maybe that's why i posted.
Thanks anyway.

It is not a bug, it is normal behavior.

40 mhz channel on 2.4 is nearly impossible to maintain and also will cause interference with bluetooth and anyone else in the area using 2.4ghz. It will be far more stable, reliable, and probably faster throughput to set it to 20mhz. Not much using 2.4 these days anyway (but plenty of stuff causing interference on it).

160mhz only has two available channels. They BOTH overlap with DFS, which includes airport radar, military radar, and weather radar. A weather plane flying overhead could even trip it. Those radar signals travel for many miles, and if your router detects it, FCC (or your country's regulator along with the wifi standards) regulations REQUIRE it to change to 80mhz and stop using the DFS space. There are very few areas that will not have that happen.

160mhz also has less range than 80 mhz and is prone to outages of several minutes while the router scans for radar signals.

80Mhz AX can get you 800-900Mbit of actual throughput with a typical 2 stream client. If your ports are 1G, that's about all you can expect to get anyway.

If you must have 160mhz, you can try manually setting the channel. There are only two ranges available (channels 36-64 and 100-128), try them both. But most likely you will find they both fail back to 80mhz, and 160 probably won't gain you anything anyway, other than maybe a brief improvement on speedtest numbers. Short of wrapping your house in tin foil, there isn't much you can do if you're in an area that has radar signals.

But in reality, what on your phone is using that kind of bandwidth anyway? Personally, I wouldn't want 160mhz in my pocket or next to my head all day anyway. 80 is bad enough.

That's the most civil and reasonable explanation I can give you, what you choose to do with that information is up to you. But it is not a bug and there is nothing else anyone here can do for you.

Last edited:
I see a bug 2.5m to 4m around this router. :rolleyes:

Not sure if it's language barrier related or something else.