What's new

Random eth1: Assoc (no Disassoc) with strong signal

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pungh0Li0

Occasional Visitor
So I randomly get "eth1: Assoc". It doesn't "Disassoc" and I don't see it happen on my device when it does it.

I am near the router... good signal. I normally don't notice it but it is very aggravating when it (frequently) happens to my wife when she makes call on Google Fi. She ends up pulling up a chair right next to the router and gets upset about dropped conversations.

No other issues (streaming, downloading etc). Been going on a long time. Different FW revs, Factory Resets, reconnecting etc.
Any ideas?

Thanks, Joe
RT-AC68P 384.13

Sitting right beside the router is not helping.

In my experience, the best distance is between 10' and 30' from the router to the client device for the most responsive and troublefree performance.

Closer than 10' to 12' is problematic for many devices... the better client RF designs can have usable signal beyond 500' in optimum scenarios. :)

She seems to have more trouble in her office ~20ft away.
Does it mean anything that there is no Disassoc message?

It's so intermittent it's hard to troubleshoot. I may try moving it to see if it helps.

Try creating a new Guest network with an SSID that has never been used before with 8 characters and no punctuation, no special characters, and no smiley faces. Pair that with a password that is 16 characters long with the same restrictions.

Now, 'forget' the other network you currently have on her device and connect her to the new Guest SSID you just created.

Note: A reboot of the router after creating the new network and also rebooting the client device after forgetting the old network on the client device (reboot just the client, not the router here) is also recommended.

I'll try that after my current test is done.
Does SSID and Password length actually affect it? Mine are shorter.

@Pungh0Li0, there have been posts where it has been shown that it may. :)