What's new

Ranger802004 Dual WAN Script Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kuki68ster

Regular Contributor
Hi there,

I am trying the script, and i have a doubt, should i disable any option on the asus settings, before installing this script?

Also, i am getting these logs, it is normal?

Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: System Check - Process ID: 377901
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: System Check - Version: v1.6.0
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: System Check - ***388.2 is not supported, issues may occur from running this version***
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: System Check - ***388.2 is not supported, issues may occur from running this version***
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: System Check - IPRoute Version: 5.11.0
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: WAN Status - ASUS Factory Watchdog: Enabled
Jan 26 07:50:00 wan-failover.sh: WAN Failover Disabled - WAN Failover is currently disabled. ***Review Logs***
Jan 26 07:50:01 wan-failover.sh: WAN Status - ASUS Factory Watchdog: Enabled
Jan 26 07:50:01 wan-failover.sh: WAN Failover Disabled - WAN Failover is currently disabled. ***Review Logs***

Thanks for the feedback...

Attachments

• Captura de ecrã 2023-01-26, às 07.46.09.png
    Captura de ecrã 2023-01-26, às 07.46.09.png
    139.4 KB · Views: 43
Uncheck the “Allow failback” option on the Asus Daul WAN setup page and reboot the router.

The script will take over doing the failover duties.

The error message about unsupported firmware version is just a warning. It will probably still work.

Uncheck the “Allow failback” option on the Asus Daul WAN setup page and reboot the router.

The script will take over doing the failover duties.

The error message about unsupported firmware version is just a warning. It will probably still work.
@Smokey613 has give you great info. The warning is just because the firmware version isn't officially supported in the script but it doesn't halt operation of the script. It's simply a warning until I validate the script works on a firmware version.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!