What's new

[RAX-120] New firmware with Armor support and first issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doc octopus

New Features and Enhancements:
  • Supports NETGEAR Armor
  • Improves the device type and model detection
Bug Fixes:
  • Clients were unable to get the correct IPv6 default gateway parameter.
  • Port scan and DoS attacks were not being captured in the logs.
  • Fixes some minor issues in the web GUI.
Known Issues:
  • Unable to access the USB device using the ReadyCLOUD portal.
http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX120/RAX120-V1.0.1.122.zip
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Issues:

When I have installed the new firmware, the page of the attached devices is totally empty and on the Nighthawk app all connected devices are shown as "unknown". They strangely reappeared and appeared on the app with the correct names, but after a few hours they disappeared again.

Issues:

When I have installed the new firmware, the page of the attached devices is totally empty and on the Nighthawk app all connected devices are shown as "unknown". They strangely reappeared and appeared on the app with the correct names, but after a few hours they disappeared again.
Factory reset your router mine show up fine.straight away, and its much more accurate now. :)

I did the reset but the problem has reoccurred.
Sorry to here that. Are you using Armour? Im not and its not happening here or my friends RAX120, how did you factory restore, via the GUI or the PIN hole. Also don't use a config file to restore, set up manually. Have you tried reloading the firmware via the GUI on a wired computer, not updating via the app seems to give better results

Last edited:
Sorry to here that. Are you using Armour? Im not and its not happening here or my friends RAX120, how did you factory restore, via the GUI or the PIN hole. Also don't use a config file to restore, set up manually. Have you tried reloading the firmware via the GUI on a wired computer, not via the app.

yes to confirm I am his friend , only just though :D but I can confirm it’s been fine on mine and the app also shows the devices as named correctly. I would also reinstall the firmware.

I installed the firmware via the router's GUI (not from the app) and manually set the parameters. I have about twenty connected devices. I set the language both in Italian and in English without solution.
I have activated the Armor trial, but I have not understood if I can deactivate it or I must wait for the trial month to expire.
I will try to reinstall the firmware this weekend.

ps: Ok, disabled.

Last edited:
I installed the firmware via the router's GUI (not from the app) and manually set the parameters. I have about twenty connected devices. I set the language both in Italian and in English without solution.
I have activated the Armor trial, but I have not understood if I can deactivate it or I must wait for the trial month to expire.
I will try to reinstall the firmware this weekend.

ps: Ok, disabled.

we have not installed Armor on our routers so maybe it’s that which is creating issues. I would contact Netgear support and see what they say. Could be a bug.

Welcome to Netgear and there half baked firmware. Never fails model after model. :rolleyes:o_O:D

I deactivated ARMOR but the problem still occurs.
Have a look on the Netgear AX forums to see if any others are having your issues, I looked yesterday and didn't see any but that may change as more people update. Hopefully a reinstall will sort it out. Pin reset and leave it for a good five minutes before setting up. Good luck.

I have the RAX120 with this firmware. I do not have Armour, but I did install manually, set the settings myself rather than the app. System was updated via the App, and the listed devices took a bit of time to repopulate but by morning all were there and it has been flawless since. I don't look at the app day in and day out, but I do keep an occasional eye out and nothing untoward has either been missing or shown up. The RAX120 was a pretty recent purchase however (old router was misbehaving) so perhaps I have a newer bit of hardware? Anyway, did the update via the app, reboot and no issues.

I have the RAX120 with this firmware. I do not have Armour, but I did install manually, set the settings myself rather than the app. System was updated via the App, and the listed devices took a bit of time to repopulate but by morning all were there and it has been flawless since. I don't look at the app day in and day out, but I do keep an occasional eye out and nothing untoward has either been missing or shown up. The RAX120 was a pretty recent purchase however (old router was misbehaving) so perhaps I have a newer bit of hardware? Anyway, did the update via the app, reboot and no issues.

Its nothing to do with hardware after all your router could have been on the shelves for months in a warehouse for all we know, it's just the app can be buggy and a few people ended up in trouble using it to update on the Netgear forums. Generally its better to have a wired connection to the router people have found over the years download the update, and update like that and keep auto updates off and also factory reset after updates like the recent one that added the Bitdefender stuff as that's quite a major update. I don't use the app as it does not serve any need I have, but I was just putting it out there to be careful. I have to say my list of devices appeared straight away but I did factory reset after and use DHCP reservation which may have a hand in that. Glad all is working okay. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!