What's new

RAX200 needs frequent reboots to route between wired and wireless on local LAN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Claghorn

Occasional Visitor
Should I just schedule a daily reboot on this thing? I constantly find things like (today) my desktop not seeing my wireless epson all-in-one device, or my phone not being able to see the web server on the computer that I use to run my 3D printer. Rebooting the router (when I think to do it) always fixes these problems, but I always waste time before I remember to reboot the router. Does anyone else have this problem with the RAX200? Is there some magic config I can change to make it work better? I've checked netgear for new firmware, but I'm already running the most recent stable version (V1.0.4.120_1.0.61).

Update: Just last night I saw a new 1.0.5 firmware available, so I downloaded it, and this morning my phone was able to see my 3D printer, so not a large sample size yet, but hopeful.

Nah, there is no hope. After a while it is back to the old randomly no route between devices only fixed by reboot.

The firmware for that router has yet to be good or stable.
What issues are you having on your RAX200? My RAX200 is rock solid running the latest V1.0.5.126_1.0.65 firmware, not having the same issues as the OP. The RAX200 is probably the best AX router out there for range and stability IMHO

@Claghorn
Have you done a factory reset of your RAX200 and then manually configured the settings?

I did the factory reset when I installed the newest firmware (V1.0.5.126_1.0.65). It apparently worked flawlessly for a few weeks after that, but degraded to the original problems since then. I'll boot my 3D printer computer (uses wireless), and my phone won't be able to access the web page to monitor prints till I reboot the router. Or I'll turn on my epson artisan all-in-one device to scan something (also on wireless) and my computer won't be able to find the scanner on the network till I reboot the router. It is extremely annoying. If I could automate factory reset/update firmware I might do it once a week since it usually takes longer than a week to start screwing up.

What issues are you having on your RAX200? My RAX200 is rock solid running the latest V1.0.5.126_1.0.65 firmware, not having the same issues as the OP. The RAX200 is probably the best AX router out there for range and stability IMHO

@Claghorn
Have you done a factory reset of your RAX200 and then manually configured the settings?
Psycho,

Most of the most recent problems were regarding the Attached Devices List and MAC filtering (I know). Disclaimer: I was a beta tester for the RAX-200 and received one for free.

i am currently not using the RAX-200, as I am testing something else.

I'm having the same issue as OP Claghorn - same router, but about once or twice a day I lose connection to one of my PCs (it has my database on it, so a nuisance!). That PC appears on the attached devices list, but can't ping it by name (hence network/DB connections fail), however I can ping it by IP address as shown on attached devices. Same as OP, reboot router fixes it, however I've found just updating a setting fixes it also, I change timezone (same value +10 but different place) and router "updating settings" then is ok, can ping the other PC. Disappointed with this, expensive router thought would be great, upgraded from R8000 which was fine but added a lot more to the network so thought this would be a good upgrade.

Ive currently an open support ticket with NetGear, but they've just talked about factory reset (should have mentioned, I've done that also, no change). See what comes further. But seems same issue, seems to be a DNS name problem (as can ping the PC by internal IP)