What's new

RAX48 (AX5200) 5Ghz band stops working randomly after few days

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ahmadka

Regular Contributor
I bought the Netgear RAX48 from Best Buy recently and I have this issue where the 5Ghz band stops working randomly. Sometimes it's after a day of router uptime, sometimes after 4-5 days, etc. Also when it stops working, the SSID is still being broadcasted but no device can connect to it. Fix is to restart the router. It's on the latest firmware I believe (V1.0.2.72_2.0.45).

Any suggestions how I can resolve this, or if it's a known issue ?

Looking at the latest firmware .72 it includes a good bunch of fixes.

if you have not performed a factory reset that would be a good starting point.

Looking at the latest firmware .72 it includes a good bunch of fixes.

if you have not performed a factory reset that would be a good starting point.

Okay I have just reset the router to factory settings, then re-applied my settings from scratch. Let's see if this resolves the issue. Thanks for your help!

Yeah I'm still seeing the same issue, despite resetting my router after updating to latest firmware :/

Anything else I can try ?

Double check your 5Ghz channel is set to HT80 and not HT160.

this is found under WiFi settings, mode. Worth checking.

Double check your 5Ghz channel is set to HT80 and not HT160.

this is found under WiFi settings, mode. Worth checking.

Not sure what you mean by 'HT80', but this is what I see in my router's settings page for the 5G band:

1607869223479.png

Under mode could you take a picture of what’s available. I’ve a feeling it’s set to HT160 hence why your devices drop. Click on the 4800 box and see what it offers.

Select 2400 which is HT80 and your WiFi will work fine. Press the apply/save and let the router boot up and your WiFi will work fine again.

Please let us know if this solved your issue, should run nicely after you apply the change.

No I'm still seeing the same issue. I've seen it multiple times in fact. Will be returning this router I think.

No I'm still seeing the same issue. I've seen it multiple times in fact. Will be returning this router I think.
Hi I replied to your post on Reddit. I was hoping that would have solved the issue.

Looking at support this is the only firmware released, I can’t see any others on support page so it’s either a bug as I know you have reset the router or a possible hardware issue.

is AX on or off, if it’s on try turning it off and test.

you could also try to manually update again and reset then test but if the issue remains it might pay to contact NG support.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!