What's new

Ready to buy the Fastest wired router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dsl2cable

Occasional Visitor
Can anyone recommend or point in the right direction to look for more info? Just a wired gigabit router which is rock solid, with fastest throughput. Thank you.

Last edited:
Asus N66u barly even out yet. But beware a lot of these fancy routers have common problems that the cheaper (more popular) routers don't have. It's just the consumer level of routers.

Can anyone recommend or point in the right direction to look for more info? Just a wired gigabit router which is rock solid, with fastest throughput. Thank you.

Considered building your own? Not only kick-butt performance, but functionality beyond that of any mere mortal consumer router.

pfSense 2.0.1 is now available, and is about as turn key as any high-end router.

Several folks here will swear by the DIY approach ( of course including myself )

I reccomend getting a cheap wireless router. You might not get the range as some of the other routers or gigabit ethernet ports. You may have to use extenders. But you won't come across stupid bugs. I've owned every top router from every company (except the Netgear WNDR4500, Asus, and Dlink) and they all had there own stupid little bugs like DNS errors after a reboot.

It's really a disgrace the quality level and the support level on high end consumer level routers. You'd think your getting a BETTER product by spending more money but it's the exact OPPOSITE. The cheaper routers have a lot LESS bugs. Also there is more of a market (aka people potentially complaining) than there is on higher end routers.

Last edited:
due to sales volume, you'll get more for your money with a WiFi router. You can always simply disable the WiFi part.

Just a wired gigabit router which is rock solid, with fastest throughput.

A friend just had a new very fast router installed. He got a discount and got it for just under $200K. For a data center. But I assume you don't really mean fastest in an absolute way.:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!