What's new

ReadyNas Duo vs DS209

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thecus N2200?

I've been looking thru forums, reviews, etc. and it seems like the Duo's reliability is inconsistent.. By that I mean if you get a good one- no problems, but if you don't - you're in trouble. Based on that and becuase my HD's are not compatible I have eliminated it.

But now there is a new wrinkle. I think Thecus is considered a second tier manuf, but I am looking at the n2200. I know it is brand new but any thoughts? It's hot swappable and provantage has it for $185.

http://www.thecus.com/products_spec.php?cid=12&pid=178&set_language=english

I'm considering it mostly for budget reasons. The DS209 is still the leader in my decision process.

I tend to research things to death and I am looking to make this purchase at the end of this week, beginning of next week. I just notice the QNAP TS-210 announcement on the front page of smallnetbuilder. it seems pretty comparable to the dS209 in price and features. I have heard hear and elsewhere that QNAP is better. another thing to evaluate.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!