What's new

Real Specs for the new Synology 213+ ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fieldexplorer

New Around Here
About new NAS 213+ from Synology.

I have ordered, but not yet confirmed my order locally (Netherlands) a NAS (as shown above) with 2 x WD red 3TB hard drives in raid one (yes, they are available in Europe), but no matter where I look, I can only find specs for the 213 air version. I have been to synology.com support who thanked me and asked me to be patient, which I generally am, but I am trying to get this new addition to our school network up and working before the season starts this coming Sunday. The 213+ will be delivered with all the formatting and preinstallation so that I can get going fast. However, after searching as far as Google translated Hong Kong websites, I still cannot find a spec sheet for the above product or a review that leads to the 213+ (strange, think you not?). I am asking for help from your experienced people to tell me where I can get a valid spec sheet for this product so I can confirm the verbal description from my supplier here in the Netherlands.
I guess my question, under the circumstances, speaks for itself.

I would be really grateful if someone could resolve this little problem for me.

Many Thanks:confused:

You're saying Synology or a distributor will take an order for the 213+ if it's not at general availability status now?
Or is the 213+ just an EU variant of the products we see listed here in the US?

I have a DS212. There's a 212+ which is a slight upgrade. So the 213 and 213+ would be the next step?

You're buying for a school? I'd fall back one or two generations of newness for this situation, if the 213 is not shipping now.

DS 213+ is the next generation to 212+. It has been officially announced on the Synology website last week.

It features a dual core Freescale CPU and a floating point unit (which allows for improved speed in thumbnail conversion).

Here is a first benchmark for DS 213+ (file copy tests and NASPT) done by a Danish web magazine. Use Google translate to get an idea.

http://www.itrends.dk/42686

Rgds

Chris

Last edited: