What's new

Recommendation for good WiFi extender

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

svt11

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I need good wifi extender. Task I have is to install pos printer on a location which you can't have cable connection. I need extender to have lan port and connect the printer to it. More dBi will be better opton... I had somewhere TP-Link but I think I won't anymore TP-Link. Can you recommend me other brand? It just must be compact. Thank you.

try poe adaptor for printer it does more than the required job well.

Printer is not PoE capable. It's fiscal esc/pos printer. I'll buy something from ASUS with good dBi antennas.

how does the printer connect to network

is it wireless or wired or usb ?

I'm not even going to pretend I know how it compares to the rest of the market place but I've had good luck with my ol' AC 1200 Netgear 6150. Dual band radio, 1 Ethernet port, fairly compact, about $60.

Since you're not planning on "repeating" the signal a single band (2.4GHz only) device should meet your needs for a little less.

You could also opt for one of those old wireless bridge devices, 1 Ethernet port into a wireless bridge that simply turns your old printer into a wireless client. They used to be popular with Ethernet gaming stations that needed a wireless connection. Cheaper but a little bigger form factor. If you're interested I've one at work (that I use on our old eStudio 282 printer) and can check out the make/model for you.