What's new

Region change RT - AC 87U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mayeux

New Around Here
Good morning I found the thread region change for an 86U while looking for information on regional differences , I live in France and am looking for a replacement for our AC51 as its open vpn version is not being updated to higher than 2.3 and our vpn provider nordnet servers are running 2.4 . I have found on French ebay , a new AC 87 U router and ordered one , only to be told that that they would not normally supply to France? As its frequency index is B for Germany and that France uses A , , can someone tell me if this is something that could be changed , or will it be locked ?

An RT-AC87U? That is a very old model and you'll be seeing nothing more than security updates for it .

You are buying obsolote technology.

Thank you could you recommend a model suitable for a home where its only use will be watching tv via the vpn ?

Should have added that it I want to be able to have it flashed with the Flashrouters fr privacy app .....Sorry I realise these questions are probably outside your normal topics , but it is difficult to find independent advise these days .

Most routers will not allow region change due to past abuse of the feature. This forum does not provide instruction on region change hacking because it is illegal in the U.S.

I can't help you on your Open VPN support question. Perhaps someone else can recommend a product.

I looked at the Flashrouters website, they are simply charging you money to add a VPN . (and offer old models with their so called security)

You can gain the security you want without paying them a monthly fee.

There are plenty of folk here that can advise on setting up a VPN on your router , hopefully someone will be along to help you soon.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!