What's new

RTRMON RTRMON v1.6.8 -Mar 17, 2024- Monitor your Router's Health (New: AMTM, Network Conn/Bandwidth/Diag + Port Scanner, GT-AXE/AX + Speedtest)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but this app is suppose to save time by collecting important info in one spot. Whenever I connect, I have to look at your directions in order to start it up. I just want to be able to ssh and type rtrmon (yes, I can scroll the history if I haven't been screwing around with other commands recently). Otherwise it isn't saving time and it is hogging some resources. I really appreciate what you and others are doing for the merlin platform, but sometimes you just need to step back and question the if your approach matches the desired app usage. Thanks for all your work.
Hey @Elmer ... Have you just tried typing:

Code:
rtrmon -monitor

Not sure how much easier it can get if you just want a quick view of what's happening. You certainly don't have to keep it running if you're worried about resources... that's totally your call. I try to build things with flexible options and features in order to use this app in different ways. Each one of my apps (RTRMON, VPNMON-R2 and PWRMON) all use the -monitor switch, to keep it uniform and easy.

That did cross my mind... but it was easier at the time to just cap it to 100% of the specified value. I'll look into what I can do to indicate >100% ;)
@Viktor Jaep: Any progress on reporting over-provisioned bandwidth results? Thanks in advance.

I will be addressing it pretty soon. Thanks for hanging in there. ;)
No problem. I noticed your recent activity on other utilities which reminded me :).

No problem. I noticed your recent activity on other utilities which reminded me :).
I have a working version on my end right now... doing some more testing, and I'll get it published shortly. Got lots on my to-do lists with these other utilities. ;)

rtrmon-1.6b1-speed1.jpg

rtrmon-1.6b1-speed2.jpg

New release v1.17 coming your way! :)

What's new!
v1.17 - (August 24, 2022)
- FIXED:
Added a few more timeout commands to some recently imported NVRAM GET statements that were locking up my script again. Grr.
- CHANGED: The way that the progress bar percentages work, and now allows them to display values > 100%. This was evident where indicated or measured speedtest bandwidth rates were being capped at the top of specified speeds, and would not show any values greater than what was specified in the config. So now, if you specified that you have a 1Gig pipe, and you're actually pulling down 1200Mbps, it will show your current bandwidth rate at 120%. This change has been made for any networking and temperature values. Thanks much to @visortgw for the suggestion!

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.17.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

EXTREME Example Screenshot :)
rtrmon-1.6b1-speed2.jpg

What's new!
- FIXED:
Added a few more timeout commands to some recently imported NVRAM GET statements that were locking up my script again. Grr.
- CHANGED: The way that the progress bar percentages work, and now allows them to display values > 100%. This was evident where indicated or measured speedtest bandwidth rates were being capped at the top of specified speeds, and would not show any values greater than what was specified in the config. So now, if you specified that you have a 1Gig pipe, and you're actually pulling down 1200Mbps, it will show your current bandwidth rate at 120%. This change has been made for any networking and temperature values. Thanks much to @visortgw for the suggestion!

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.17.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

View attachment 43800
Awesome!

What's new!
- FIXED:

Download:
Code:

View attachment 43800
Works perfectly! Currently showing 1118 Mbps/38 Mbps (109%/108%) on a 1 Gbps/35 Mbps Spectrum connection. Thank you!

Screenshot_20220825-151610_JuiceSSH.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
@Viktor Jaep , no more crashes. Still have to retrofit my changes back to get those stats to display.

Is it possible to make the optional 'eth0' change you made part of the setup? Mine doesn't default to eth0 instead it defaults to eth5, I think since I'm running on the 2.5gb port.

Overall, pretty useful. Thanks for the great work.

@Viktor Jaep , no more crashes. Still have to retrofit my changes back to get those stats to display.

Is it possible to make the optional 'eth0' change you made part of the setup? Mine doesn't default to eth0 instead it defaults to eth5, I think since I'm running on the 2.5gb port.

Overall, pretty useful. Thanks for the great work.
So is your wan0 NVRAM variable still blank? I can certainly build in an override... Would definitely make life easier in these situations. ;)

EDIT: So last time, I made it so that if the wan0 comes up as blank, to use "eth0" by default. Are you saying that now it's coming up as "eth5"?

Last edited:
So is your wan0 NVRAM variable still blank? I can certainly build in an override... Would definitely make life easier in these situations. ;)

EDIT: So last time, I made it so that if the wan0 comes up as blank, to use "eth0" by default. Are you saying that now it's coming up as "eth5"?
No. Still blank.

The request is to override during setup.

No. Still blank.

The request is to override during setup.
So you're looking for something that says "use eth0 as default (y/n)?", and override whatever the router kicks back as your main WAN0 interface?

So you're looking for something that says "use eth0 as default (y/n)?", and override whatever the router kicks back as your main WAN0 interface?
That sounds like it would work for me but not place an undo burden on the rest of the users.

hope it isn’t too big of a hardship to add.

That sounds like it would work for me but not place an undo burden on the rest of the users.

hope it isn’t too big of a hardship to add.
@Viktor Jaep
Maybe a simple question where the user specifies the interface if known from a list of interfaces instead of specifically only the eth0. this will allow the user to specify the WAN0 interface from a list of detected interfaces whereby the script skips the check for the wan0 interface altogether.

@Viktor Jaep
Maybe a simple question where the user specifies the interface if known from a list of interfaces instead of specifically only the eth0. this will allow the user to specify the WAN0 interface from a list of detected interfaces whereby the script skips the check for the wan0 interface altogether.
I really like that approach! Thanks @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow!

Happy Sunday! RTRMON v1.19 is now available... enjoy!

What's new!
v1.19 - (August 28, 2022)
- ADDED:
Added another menu item that allows you to override the default interface assigned to WAN0. Thanks to @adahnert for the suggestion, and for @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow for helping shape this feature! :) This menu item will list the valid interfaces that are currently available on your router for you to pick from. Please note, correct spelling and case sensitivity is very important when entering this value! (EDIT: This is now a numbered list as of v1.20)
- ADDED: The interface name is now visible on page (2) next to the WAN0/1 IP4 address field. This will give you a quick way to view what interface is currently selected to monitor your WAN stats.
- FIXED: Fixed the other menu items so that if someone just hits enter while prompting for a value, that the default value gets added. This should help catch any accidental entries (or cats walking across your keyboard), and increases the chances for a valid entry to be registered.

Download:
Code:
curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ViktorJp/RTRMON/master/rtrmon-1.19.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh" && chmod a+rx "/jffs/scripts/rtrmon.sh"

Screenshots of new features:
1661703388716.png

1661703431691.png

(EDIT: This is now a numbered list as of v1.20 - disregard the "must be entered in/spelled correctly bit) ;)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!