What's new

remote control + Asus router homepage

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Samuel_1975

Regular Contributor
well I wonder if anyone wants to help me as Asus does not want me to contact them and point out this problem with remote control of the asus router,

I can not get a fixed IP number on remote control after the firmware update, I do not know who to turn to as I am not allowed to write to their e-mail, if mdn hears from inside the router to support, you get it but no more via email,

I have reported the problem but Asus ignores me on that question, then another question when you want to use dns on the router and then the website on asus does not work if you log in to the router

Could you please reduce the font size? Thank you.

Most ISP offer dynamic IP addresses to their customers. You need to use DDNS service to access your router remotely. Asus support doesn't want to help you perhaps because all your questions have an answer in router's User Manual. By the way, it's not a good idea to open Web Access from WAN on Asus routers. It was discussed multiple times here on SNB forums with explanation why.

First, you do not want to do a remote control, from the WAN, with Enable Web Access from WAN. Big security risk!
If you need to access the router from the internet use OpenVPN or InstantGuard. WIth either you will need to enable DDNS.

otherwise thank you for the help and will see what happens in the future when I have to talk to my sister before I might do something,

well may be as you say, this that the address started to change where I had an update on the firmware, my dad's router which is another model does not have that problem as I have installed from merlin and there is no problem with the firmware , the firmware update I have that comes directly from Asus website, I think it's strange that his ip numbers are like mine not affected by his remote control address change, next time I get a router from asus I want to see that it is on merlin website, lucky my dad got my router which is on the merlin asuswrt website,
I want asus to collaborate with merlin asuswrt as asus themselves have no direct update that comes out often and risk of vulnerability and more

I only have remote control to be able to help as I live far away so this is a must for it to work as they have children under 18 and plus to make sure it works as it should

Use OpenVPN instead. Much safer and way more secure. Be sure you use an unclaimed port too. Above 50000 is good.

Use OpenVPN instead. Much safer and way more secure. Be sure you use an unclaimed port too. Above 50000 is good.
thanks will try later in two weeks when I will visit her, I have not used openvpn before and block the things that should not be displayed on search engine on the internet as some search engines lack to block as images video and more, via dns.yandex so completely blocked as all dns services do not block it within family filters , then I do not want those who use the router not to be able to bypass the system with malicious software or anonymous service, I do not have much experience with VPN and so on as I have not been interested in learning it and now I have to do it as they rely on me that the children do not do something that you should not do if you are at 15 years old thanks i will try and i have only tested dns only for almost a month because of my sister's family