What's new

Solved Remote WoL (wake on lan)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zany130

Regular Contributor
So I want to be able to remotely turn on my PC from a different network to use for game streaming. From my limited understanding, I could enable the Enable Web Access from WAN setting and that would let me use the asus mobile app to wake up my PC, however this is very insecure correct? what would be the proper way to do this or would that setting be fine to use?

No, not safe at all.

Use an OpenVPN server to connect to your network instead.

Or Instant Guard and use the Asus app to wake the PC. Have Team Viewer on the PC to do remote control.
Or just do remote control through OpenVPN with VNC. All sorts of ways to get to the same end...

Or Instant Guard and use the Asus app to wake the PC. Have Team Viewer on the PC to do remote control.
Or just do remote control through OpenVPN with VNC. All sorts of ways to get to the same end...
thx yup instant guard works great for this and I don't have to set anything up really then I just use steamremote play to to remote into the pc