What's new

Remote WOL

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rslarsen

Occasional Visitor
Hi
What is the command for WOL from Internet?
If I SSH into the router, what command do I have to type?
Before I updated to the latest beta release of 354b1 I used to use this command.
"usr/sbin/wol -i 192.168.1.255 -p 9 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (mac address) but it won't work for me anymore.

/rene

Hi
What is the command for WOL from Internet?
If I SSH into the router, what command do I have to type?
Before I updated to the latest beta release of 354b1 I used to use this command.
"usr/sbin/wol -i 192.168.1.255 -p 9 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (mac address) but it won't work for me anymore.

/rene

I removed the wol command. Use ether-wake instead (note that it has a different syntax, run "ether-wake" to see usage format).

Can I ask you why you have removed the wol command?

I have tried ether-wake command, but cant get it to work, it might be because I dont understand the new ether-wake commands.
By the way, my computers are not sleeping, but shot down when I want to use WOL commands...

Can I ask you why you have removed the wol command?

I have tried ether-wake command, but cant get it to work, it might be because I dont understand the new ether-wake commands.
By the way, my computers are not sleeping, but shot down when I want to use WOL commands...

Since I switched to Asus's WOL page, it was redundant.

Code:
ether-wake -b 192.168.1.255 -i br0 xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx