What's new

Repeater connected to Guest SSID bypassing Access Intranet = Disable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That won't work for me because I'm using an AX55 as the repeater and there's no scripting support, but it might be a solution for others yes.
Something like
Code:
nvram set wl0_closed=0
nvram set wl1_closed=0

Would need a cron because aimesh propagates config every now and then.

May be able to find something in the GUI? There is a roaming block list maybe adding your LAN hosts to that? Or some other way to block it. I'm not running aimesh so not sure.

Or to go another direction - previously I think some of the rules you were creating you said blocked Aimesh communication - may be another option, even if the processes are running, if it can't communicate it won't create the wds interfaces? Obviously if it doesn't create them for a non-asus router, there is some communication going between them, that if there is a way to block it, should make it treat it as just a regular repeater?

Got the same issue, that’s how I ended up here; Asus router -set as a repeater- connected to my guest network has access to main LAN although intranet is disabled. Definately a security flaw.

I am in a bit of a dire situation as I’ve used up all 9 AiMesh slots and still need to provide guest access to an isolated area with no ethernet outlets/connections, so a wired AP not an option. Any workaround yet? Maybe a way to add a 10th AiMesh node instead of using a repeater?

Last edited:
Update: Using a router/repeater from a different manufacturer seems to behave as it should (separate LAN IP, no access to devices on main network)

Update: Using a router/repeater from a different manufacturer seems to behave as it should (separate LAN IP, no access to devices on main network)

Yes it has been determined that it is an Asus bug likely related to Aimesh (even if you aren't using Aimesh). Seems when it detects an Asus router connected as a repeater it starts to pre-configure Aimesh stuff on the assumption you're going to set that up or something.

It can be fixed via a script but it is messy unfortunately. Best you can do is report it to them as a bug.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!