What's new

Replaced asus n66U VPN server cert/keys with new how do i paste new client key so it outputs working open vpn config?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RAJ

Regular Contributor
I used windows easy-RSA to generate new 256 AES keys. It works fine but now when I export a Export OpenVPN configuration file its missing the client information. I have to manually open the client keys on my windows machine and paste in the client cert and key.

The router must have a default client key/cert that was matched with its default CA and server cert/key. The client key export deactivates when you paste in new keys losing the ability to export a working ready to go open vpn config file.

Now I've changed those keys by pasting in the new ones. I do not see a place to paste in a new client key so it creates a open VPN config file like it did before.

Below where it says "paste client certificate data here" by default it use to output the client key. So I need somehow paste the new client keys into the router but I don't see where. Is there an easy way to accomplish this?

-----END CERTIFICATE-----
</ca>
<cert>
paste client certificate data here
</cert>
<key>
paste client key data here
</key>
resolv-retry infinite
nobind

WhatsApp Image 2020-10-18 at 2.43.44 AM.jpeg