What's new

Replacement for Netgear R7000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Which router is best?

• Asus RT-AX88U

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Netgear AX8

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Asus GT-AC5300

• Asus GT-AX1100

• Total voters

ltramrod

New Around Here
Hello all,

As the title states I'm looking to replace my Netgear R7000. I'm moving to a larger home so I'll need something that can provide coverage for a 3000 sqft home and handle more devices. I've spent a lot of time on the snb forums researching and need help deciding between an ac and ax router. Is AX still to premature for a "future proof" solution? We have fios gigabit so i'm looking for something powerful. My budget is $300. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm considering the following routers.

Asus RT-AX88U
Netgear AX8
Asus GT-AC5300

Asus GT-AX1100

Last edited:
Hello all,

As the title states I'm looking to replace my Netgear R7000. I'm moving to a larger home so I'll need something that can provide coverage for a 3000 sqft home and handle more devices. I've spent a lot of time on the snb forums researching and need help deciding between an ac and ax router. Is AX still to premature for a "future proof" solution? We have fios gigabit so i'm looking for something powerful. My budget is $300. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm considering the following routers.

Asus RT-AX88U
Netgear AX8
Asus GT-AC5300

Asus GT-AX1100

I’ve narrowed it down to the Asus RT-AX88u and GT-AC5300. Any advise would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!