What's new

Request for new User Script hook

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

djmcfar

Occasional Visitor
When running VPN in Exclusive mode, all local DNS requests fail when sourced locally, targeting locally (i.e. nslookup requests made from a device on the local network about another device on the same local network). I came up with a fix for this involving inserting a custom rule at the head of the VPNx chain. The fix works fine until a VPN Director rule is changed (i.e. enabled, disabled, deleted etc) as the Director re-writes those rules from scratch in those instances.

Since there is no hook in jffs/scripts that gets called when this VPN Director event occurs, the custom rule that I added needs to be re-added manually to restore the fix, so I am requesting a "vpn-director" hook (or whatever it might be called) that would be run after the Director has committed the VPNx chain, or editing of that chain has occured.

Merlin 386.7_2 on RT-AC86U

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!