What's new

Reset entire Adaptive qos section?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rudi Pittman

Occasional Visitor
I'm not sure of the cause but when I entire adaptive qos and it should be showing me a list of hosts with the priorities I've assigned I see the two tacometers for up/download and then a spinning cursor that never resolves. I'd like to wipe out the adaptive qos settings without kill the whole config...is there a way or do I have to start over from scratch?

Look in your browser’s developer console window, usually by hitting F12 key. Look for any HTML errors. Might be a problem with one of your client names.

Thank you for your reply! Inspecting does not appear to show anything. If I click on any of the buttons from "highest" to "lowest"(which also show blank) then click back to "show all" all it shows is "No data in table". See screenshot. I'd like to just clear those settings out and start over..perhaps I could then figure out if one of the pc's is causing a problem. See screenshot.
Screenshot_20191124_110130.png

Thank you for your reply! Inspecting does not appear to show anything. If I click on any of the buttons from "highest" to "lowest"(which also show blank) then click back to "show all" all it shows is "No data in table". See screenshot. I'd like to just clear those settings out and start over..perhaps I could then figure out if one of the pc's is causing a problem. See screenshot.View attachment 19999
Does your Network Map client list work correctly? Might be a jffs issue. Is this one of those taboo routers that aren’t really what they were sold as?

Does your Network Map client list work correctly? Might be a jffs issue. Is this one of those taboo routers that aren’t really what they were sold as?

Yes and no. I am encountering the issue on an actual ac-68u running 380.70. I used an nvram migrate util to transfer settings to a converted tm-1900(384.13) to see if the problem went away. Instead it appeared on the 2nd router.

The network list is identical in showing "no data in table". On the original ac-68u the network list DID show fine(although it occasionally required a reboot of the router to see it) but the qos list still didn't so if anything I've made it worse.

I debated resetting one to factory then doing the nvram restore after commenting out the entire qos section but was hoping for a simpler solution such as just wiping out that section.

Was all that clear as mud?

@Rudi Pittman, why are you running such an old and today, insecure, firmware on your RT-AC68U?

I would suggest you flash 384.13_0 to your router and perform a full M&M Config (please see my signature below for the link).

@Rudi Pittman, why are you running such an old and today, insecure, firmware on your RT-AC68U?

I would suggest you flash 384.13_0 to your router and perform a full M&M Config (please see my signature below for the link).

Well, at this beginning of this my goal WAS to upgrade the router but before I did I used the 2nd router(which had been sitting in a box as an emergency replacement) which I upgraded to 384.13 to see if the problem went away and if there were any other issues(especially with the attached flashdrive which had the setup for entware, diversion, amtm, dnscrypt, swap etc). Even though the lists are NOT showing up they seem to still be working as the voip device is still getting priority enough to prevent voice drops for example. Once I had the 2nd router setup (and had verified the nvram migrate worked ok so I'd be able to restore my original ac-68u after factory reset) the plan was then to upgrade my ac-68u. I'd then have two identical setup's and could put the 2nd router up as an emergency spare.

I've got the 2nd router covering things for now....I suppose now I just need to upgrade the ac-68u, factory reset and then configure everything manually. This was all an attempt to avoid having to do the reconfigure but I'll bite the bullet.

You are causing yourself a world of hurt using the 'nvram migrate' process of setting up a new router. That has been obsolete for a very long time now (the script was abandoned).

That TM converted router is running RMerlin firmware illegally and, not as designed either. So any experience you may glean from it may or may not be relevant to your RT-AC68U, which is supported.

There are so many things that have changed from 380.xx firmware to 384.xx firmware that using anything but the most basic settings (and even then; applied manually) is setting yourself up for random glitches now or in the future.

I would recommend you flash your router to the latest firmware, do a full reset to factory defaults (including formatting the JFFS partition) and then minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP.

With a stable router above (if it isn't stable at this point, I would flash the router again with the latest firmware you want to use and do another full reset to factory defaults - it has helped many get their routers to a good/known state again), I would then suggest following the amtm Step-by-Step guide in the link in my signature below to clean install the latest scripts as needed.

It sounds like a lot of work, but I suspect that you've spent much more time already trying to achieve the same thing but not succeeding (and I would guess, never able to succeed either) with your current process.

See the link in my signature for further details to get your network and router up-to-date in as short a time as possible. :)

I resolved my issue by running a script to clear out the macid's. This caused all lists to populate as they should. I'll evaluate things on the backup router before making any changes to the original but at this time all issues appear to be resolved.

The clear-macid.sh script did the following:

#!/bin/sh

echo "Clear MAC Filter Lists"
# Clear mac-list entries in case of format incompatibility
nvram unset wl_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram unset wl2_maclist
nvram unset wl_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist_x

nvram commit

echo "Complete"

I resolved my issue by running a script to clear out the macid's. This caused all lists to populate as they should. I'll evaluate things on the backup router before making any changes to the original but at this time all issues appear to be resolved.

The clear-macid.sh script did the following:

#!/bin/sh

echo "Clear MAC Filter Lists"
# Clear mac-list entries in case of format incompatibility
nvram unset wl_maclist
nvram unset wl0_maclist
nvram unset wl1_maclist
nvram unset wl2_maclist
nvram unset wl_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist
nvram unset wl0.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.1_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.2_maclist_x
nvram unset wl0.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl1.3_maclist_x
nvram unset wl2.3_maclist_x

nvram commit

echo "Complete"

how exactly do I run this script? I need it and using './clear-macid.sh' isn't working