What's new

Solved [RESOLVED] RT AC-5300 - Network Map CPU graph suddenly a non-stop roller coaster

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ayitaka

Occasional Visitor
RT AC-5300, fw and scripts as listed in signature.

CPU graph on the Network Map page bounces around and hits 100% a lot - back and forth between CPU 1 and CPU 2. Normally, once the router settles down after rebooting and with minimal network usage, the graph would show the CPUs mostly idle with occasional increases to sub-30% points for really short periods of time and not-so-often spikes to higher percentages (mostly when the add-ons' CPU intensive timed events would trigger). I have not changed anything on my router in months. The only exception is that I have updated the various add-on scripts I use. Complete manual reinstall (twice) did not resolve the issue.

Resolved: Replacing the USB drive and reinstalling everything a 3rd time brought things down to constant 20-40% activity. Turning uiDivStats off returned everything back to normal.

Resolved #2: Per posts like this one by uiDivStats creator Jack Yaz, this is apparently a known issue. I am unsure why it decided to just happen now and not before, but c'est la vie. The thumb drive I replaced it with was still USB 2.0, so per suggestions on the uiDivStats thread, I bought a new SanDisk USB 3.1 64GB thumb drive. None of the recommended "fixes", including a new, faster USB thumb drive and enabling caching, allows me to enable uiDivStats without it constantly utilizing CPU of at least 10-20%. There is just zero idle time with that script enabled anymore. So I have decided to just leave it disabled from now on.

Network Map CPU graph (this is constant now) vs CPU graph from an old screenshot:
router-cpu.png
router-cpu-before.png

htop and CPU graph simultanious side-by-side:
router-cpu-htop-side-by-side.png

Resolved:
router-resolved.png

Last edited: