What's new

RESOLVED: Wifi not disabled in RTN66U even when disabled in config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Matt Storr

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Something strange going on here. I'm running 380.68 on my Asus RTN66U. I've disabled the wireless adapters in the Wireless/Professional panel but am still able to see WiFi on my iPhone! Does anyone have a clue how that can be? Is there a bug in the management panel which doesnt actually disable the wifi even if set? The Wifi icon (top right) is showing that both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz wireless is disabled, yet I am still able to connect to the router Wifi and access the admin screen via my iPhone/iPad.

Is there any way I can double-check its all disabled through SSH ?

I just upgraded to the latest firmware (380.68.2) just to rule out any problems, and can confirm I'm still having the same problem i.e. wireless disabled in the admin panel but still able to see and connect to wifi from other devices. The following images confirm the settings in the router and then show the iphone still being able to see it (not connected) and then following connection.

disabled.JPG disabled1.JPG disabled2.JPG
IMG_2738.jpg IMG_2739.jpg

Last edited:
ohhhhhh ffs I am an idiot. I just discovered that my son had set himself up a powerline wifi in his room, so the network I'm seeing is that receiver and because its connecting back to the router over the ethernet port, I'm able to connect back to it! Damn kids ! ;) Problem solved.