What's new

uiScribe Restart issues for uiScribe from scribe menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JCaine

New Around Here
Not sure when it happened but upgraded my router using "amtm" - always a bit fraught as I have rather a custom build. But do a set of "fix" tests after - then noticed uiScribe didn't start from the scribe option "st". Found out that uiScribe now passes in post_mount the parameter "$@" chasing down the code it is checking "entware" using "-f $1/entware/bin/opkg" under Menu_Startup. So basically uiScribe is expecting 2 parameters on "startup" and "entware" mount point. Otherwise it won't pass the checks - so in the code "scribe" I had to add for "hup_uisc()" the "$uiscribe startup force".

You might want to join the discussion in progress here on that issue.

Not sure when it happened but upgraded my router using "amtm" - always a bit fraught as I have rather a custom build. But do a set of "fix" tests after - then noticed uiScribe didn't start from the scribe option "st". Found out that uiScribe now passes in post_mount the parameter "$@" chasing down the code it is checking "entware" using "-f $1/entware/bin/opkg" under Menu_Startup. So basically uiScribe is expecting 2 parameters on "startup" and "entware" mount point. Otherwise it won't pass the checks - so in the code "scribe" I had to add for "hup_uisc()" the "$uiscribe startup force".
Or you could have simply updated uiscribe again :)

@JCaine: Please add the uiScribe prefix to this.
@thiggins: I wonder if we need a sticky for this forum ("Before you post") about searching and maybe even pointing to the big green banner at the top.

Thanks don't use this forum very much. Updating the prefix to uiScribe or could be 'Scribe' not sure which one. Also not sure why Scribe is going a HUP on uiScribe at all - it should probably be loosely coupled through the Service-Events and capture the "service-event start logger". As to update to uiScribe 1.4.1 won't fix it as it's checking for at least one additional param other that "startup". You could change Post-Mount but that will get changed back by function "Auto_Startup create" to "uiScribe startup "$@" - which is the mountpoint.

Updating the prefix to uiScribe or could be 'Scribe' not sure which one.
Agree with you there. But @Jack Yaz is very active here and the other attending to other things.
As to update to uiScribe 1.4.1 won't fix it as it's checking for at least one additional param other that "startup".
Yesterday's hotfix to uiScribe has code to ignore the parameter if scribe is calling it. I expected the way to align the scripts was a change like yours to Scribe, but I think I follow why @Jack Yaz 's way is better. If you update again you should pick up the hotfix--I did.