What's new

Restored RT-N56U , what's the Username and Password

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

nzwayne

Restored my old RT-N56U to use as a Access Point via the ASUS Firmware Restoration process to remove a 3rd party installed firmware. After the successful restore cannot logon to the router using "admin" for the Username and Password. Ideas how to logon please?

Either your old username and password or reset it by pushing the reset button and will bring back to the default username and password wich is admin and password

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Tried the reset (unplug power, push in reset button, apply power, then release button 15secs later...) and on power up, the Power Led is all that comes on, and it flashes. Power off, hold in WPS button, power on, release WPS button and powers up ok. Cannot logon in, doesn't accept admin/admin as per manual or admin/password.

Ok let me see if I understood you. You were running merlin firmware? right but you decided to go back to Asus stock firmware correct ? If you did it should let you reset the router by pushing the reset button for 30 seconds while is on I do this all the time everything you need in Asus stock firmware merlin has it as well and much more

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Do you have another router on the network? When you reset, the AC56 is now in router mode with an address of 192.168.1.1 If there is another router with the default 192.168.1.1 address, double check where you are really logging in.

Do you have another router on the network? When you reset, the AC56 is now in router mode with an address of 192.168.1.1 If there is another router with the default 192.168.1.1 address, double check where you are really logging in.
Using the ASUS Device Discovery tool, showing I only have the one router attached to my laptop of 192.168.0.1, which is via ethernet cable, and have wireless disabled. I have other routers (they not AC56 models) and are 192.168.50.x addresses.

Attachments

• 56U.jpg
    56U.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 800
The address should be 192.168.1.1 if the firmware really updated correctly, not 192.168.0.1
Try using the Firmware recovery tool to first update to Merlin 378.55 (there are some rootfs changes in the later code that can prevent the code from loading without going through an intermediate level - even when coming from other 3rd party firmware).

The address should be 192.168.1.1 if the firmware really updated correctly, not 192.168.0.1
Try using the Firmware recovery tool to first update to Merlin 378.55 (there are some rootfs changes in the later code that can prevent the code from loading without going through an intermediate level - even when coming from other 3rd party firmware).
Thanks for the huge clue on 192.168.0.1. As the previous Firmware Restore of the ASUS firmware admin/admin would not work, rummaged around and found I had loaded Padavan RT-N56U_3.4.3.9-099_dlna ... so did a Firmware Restore of that code and "success", could now logon with admin/admin. After that code load, then reloaded ASUS code RT-N56U_3.0.0.4_380_7378-g7a25649 and that restored ok this time to allow me to logon and setup the router as a AP.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!