What's new

Restoring a backup on another unit of the same model

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello
I am running the firmware 384.13 on a Asus AC68u. One of the antennas is broken.
I was wondering if I could buy another AC68u and restore on this one a backup of the old one safely.
Sorry if it seems a noob question, I have read the pinned post and did a search but I haven't found an answer
Many thanks
I've done it where it has worked and I've also had issues in other attempts. Try it. Best option IMO is the NVRAM backup/restore tool out there that has a "migrate mode". I've had luck with that. Given it's an "unsupported feature" by ASUS you're running solo!!!! That said, I run mostly "baseline settings", turning on/off the recommended things that you can find in this forum and elsewhere, AND a "healthy" static DHCP reservations list. The only thing I always lose are the customized images for the reservations.

FWIW, I've had more good luck than bad....... Start with a completely factory reset device. I typically use the NVRAM backup/restore tool in migration mode.

NO GUARANTEES and good luck!

Last edited: