What's new

Reverting back to stock Asus firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

st-5

New Around Here
I'm trying to revert back to the stock Asus firmware so I can test out their aimesh features. I'm having trouble doing that. I've downloaded the most recent stock firmware from Asus' website. Whenever I try to upload the stock firmware it completes the upload but then nothing else happens. Has anyone else had a similar issue and was able to resolve it?

make a factory reset and initialize first and power off too, often helps.

I'm trying to revert back to the stock Asus firmware so I can test out their aimesh features. I'm having trouble doing that. I've downloaded the most recent stock firmware from Asus' website. Whenever I try to upload the stock firmware it completes the upload but then nothing else happens. Has anyone else had a similar issue and was able to resolve it?

Sometimes using a different browser makes it work.
I mostly use Firefox, but almost always need to use Chrome for a firmware change, go figure!

Go to Asus website and use their FIRMWARE restorations tools that's never fail you have to put the router fail safe mode by unplugging the router and plugging in and hold the reset button for 20 seconds both at same time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Go to Asus website and use their FIRMWARE restorations tools that's never fail you have to put the router fail safe mode by unplugging the router and plugging in and hold the reset button for 20 seconds both at same time

Once I put the router in rescue mode it no longer creates a wifi network. I connected via ethernet but the firmware restoration tool doesn't find any wireless router available. I was able to connect to the router through the browser. It actually had a rescue page and an option to upload a new firmware. I did that but it still didn't do anything. I'm not sure what else to try.

Once I put the router in rescue mode it no longer creates a wifi network. I connected via ethernet but the firmware restoration tool doesn't find any wireless router available. I was able to connect to the router through the browser. It actually had a rescue page and an option to upload a new firmware. I did that but it still didn't do anything. I'm not sure what else to try.
Before doing a rescue mode set a static ip addres to your computer of 192.168.1.2 subnet automatically will fill default gateway 192.168.1.1

Like that once you do this then proceeded with rescue mode once in rescue mode it will upload firmware
8aa3d37417e907c986d393c8235c2b3a.jpg
f8c57698d3370c2787075b406798434c.jpg
ceb62150e29478e7c3d56212c43cfed5.jpg
94bb490bd30b7163bea3f195a8790c58.jpg

make sure you use admin mode for the recovery tool

Always work for default gateway is the router ip

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!