What's new

Review RT-AC66U vs RT-N66U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all,

What are the retail box dimensions of the ASUS RT-AC66U ?

Can someone measure it for me, please ?

Thanks in advance

I did not realize my router was so old, I currently have a ASUS RT-AC66U that I bought at BestBuy, but I currently stumbled upon a ASUS RT-N66U for $5. It looks so much like my current one I just bought it. I was thinking about doing a Media Bridge, or Home Server with NAS or maybe a 2nd router upstairs (wood frame house with basement and main house, in a city of 1.1M we are in the burbs, no condos around, nearest one is 400m away).

My AC router is in the basement, in the office with the desktop. Then the basement living room has the TV and PS4. Upstairs has TV. Thinking about buying an Android TV NVIDIA SHIELD for TV and games that will be in the basement, either in the office or with the PS4. So with my searches I learned about a few security features, so I disabled WPS and UPnP, but there is also the DoS I turned off as well. In the past I tried to use the AiCloud with the router.

Anyway my question is this, The VPN feature, is that better then the free services?
Should I enable or disable DoS?
Is the AiCloud worth using, or is our 1TB cloud good enough? We dont really use it anyway. Just the phones are hooked up.

We have 3 apple iphones 4S, 5C, 6, an old android. PS4 is networked. TV's I have connected for what I do not know. Two iPads that we use. And SONO's wireless music.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!